Eric and Christian will be at the airport at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday to catch a 16 hour flight to Guam. The environment around the house is pretty frenzied with last minute obligations to complete and lots of friends and family wanting to get together! This update is going to be short and sweet because of our time constraints.
Immediate Prayer Requests:
1. That Eric and Christian will be able to pack appropriately. It may be a couple of months before we'll all be together again so they must be sure to bring all they will need in the interim.
2. On August 6, Christian begins his junior year at a new high school with a VERY different culture. Please pray that God will give him peace and help him with this transition.
3. That our support will continue to come in and that we will get closer to our needed 100%.
4. The sprinklers in the front yard of our Clayton house have completely died. The renters aren't too thrilled with this! We need to put in a new sprinkler system and lay sod. Please pray that we will find someone reputable and affordable to take care of this. If you have any contacts, please let us know!
5. Karyn's passport is missing! It's not in the fire safe box with the other important papers. This means it could be anywhere among the myriad boxes jammed into the "little house". Please pray that this would be found!
6. PTL we have heard of an organization that provides inexpensive shipping for missionaries. Unfortunately, these services are only available on the East Coast, but we have a friend trying to see if we can make something work here, on the West Coast. Please pray that this will work. As it stands, the cost is over $8, 000.00 to ship one way to Guam!
7. While in Guam, Eric will be diligently searching for affordable housing (a difficult thing to find in Guam). Please pray that God will provide the right house for us.
God is good. Although it is very intense for us right now, we find rest in God. "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble."
Praise be to God!
Don't forget our email address has changed to Sore4Guam@gmail.com
To contribute to this ministry, please make your check to:
"The Evangelical Covenant Church" with Support for Sorensons on the memo line and mail to:
Department of World Missions
The Evangelical Covenant Church
5101 North Francisco Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625-3676
Thanks so much for your support!